Monday, July 14, 2008

Crawling

Crawling in my skin
These wounds, they will not heal
Fear is how I fall
Confusing what is real

There's something inside me that pulls beneath the surface
Consuming, confusing
This lack of self control I fear is never ending
Controlling

I can't seem
To find myself again
My walls are closing in
(Without a sense of confidence I’m convinced that there’s just too much pressure to take)
I've felt this way before
So insecure

Crawling in my skin
These wounds, they will not heal
Fear is how I fall
Confusing what is real

Discomfort, endlessly has pulled itself upon me
Distracting, reacting
Against my will I stand beside my own reflection
It's haunting how I can't seem...

To find myself again
My walls are closing in
(Without a sense of confidence I’m convinced that there’s just too much pressure to take)
I've felt this way before
So insecure

Crawling in my skin
These wounds, they will not heal
Fear is how I fall
Confusing what is real

There's something inside me that pulls beneath the surface
Consuming, confusing
This lack of self control I fear is never ending
Controlling

-L.P.

1 Comments:

Blogger sourmonkey said...

count me out of the pool of people that believe we are free, brave, or justified.

we are less than ants. ants do not lie. ants do not murder or commit atrocious acts of war to save face. I use to believe that America was a hive. Now I know that America is worse than a hive. America is a den of ugly deceit and crazed, cannibalistic primates. This is not my home, not even for a sourmonkey like me.

I would rather tear my own skin than accept the American way of life. I would rather end my life than accept my role as another mindless American zombie hell bent on profit and belligerent oppression.

For those who say America has its problems, but every government has its problems, I say FUCK YOU. The wilderness calls me to a land where the only law is the rule of nature. This is my home. My struggle is that I do not return to this home.

Why?

because despite the rage, despite the disgust, I was made to bring to bring change to my people.

I do not accept a failing education system. I do not accept a government of oligarchs and kleptocrats that ignore the fundamental principles of human existence to save face. I do not accept a diseased healthcare system. I do not accept that war is a valid option. I do not accept social oppression. I do not accept social incarceration. I do not accept cognitive slavery.

I reject America. I spit on the flag of lies. If you don't agree with me, then speak to me. If you do not want to speak to me, the get the fuck out of my way. I seek truth, and if I am the only one, so be it.

you may not care that this nation and this world are spiraling down the shit hole. I do. I'm going to do something about it, or I'll die trying.

1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home