Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Constitutional Civil Liberty- under arrest

So, here it is.
from commondreams.org

"I told him that my son died there. That's when the enormity of my loss hit me. I have lost my son. I have lost my First Amendment rights. I have lost the country that I love. Where did America go? I started crying in pain."
- Cindy Sheehan, on being arrested before the State of the Union Address for openly wearing a T-Shirt with the number of American fatalities in Iraq


I've been ranting about the ignorant and misdirected policies of our Federal government for roughly two years, now. I've witnessed how these policy makers fail to acknowledge the true root of our global conflict(s), and continue to expand upon their flawed and short-sighted campaigns at the expense of American Constitutional ideology.

My patience is running thin.

When my breaking point will be, and what that will entail, I don't know. I am not a violent person, and violence will never be a tool of my passion. However, the truth remains: ignorant and arrogant policy makers in THIS country are destroying my home society, my native culture... the Constitutional America, and they're taking the rest of the world with them back to the Dark Ages.

According to the Social Contract, we Americans can sacrifice a little freedom for the security of Government, but this contract becomes invalid when the policies of Government manifestly threaten Constitutional civil liberties. The Constitution provides the Second Amendment as a defense against Government intrusion on civil liberty. If Americans can't wake up from their decadent slumber and elect a higher degree of intellectual and broad-visioned political leaders, then our Nation is doomed to follow the currents of entropy. Every empire falls. The Roman Empire collapsed over a lengthy period of time. The U.S.S.R collapsed suddenly and to the astonishment of many around the world. The United States of America will also one day collapse. This is a given, and nothing can change this. However, we Americans NOW can act to preserve our Constitutional ideals and perhaps extend the life of our "free" society. This is the power of "We the People", but we must act collectively and responsibly.

With respect to the Social Contract, Attention U.S. Federal Government, YOU ARE IN VIOLATION OF CONSTITUTIONAL LAW. It would be best for you to resolve this issue promptly and take steps to restore the dignity and promise of civil liberty. You have a nation to lose and many enemies to make if you don't.

As for "We the People", we must struggle to realize the ideals of the U.S. Constitution. We must elect political leaders capable of protecting and expanding these liberties. We must project these liberties around the world, NOT through war, but through EXAMPLE and SERVICE.

Anything less than this is a maladaptive status quo that will eventually end our society. I'm will not submit to the laws of an UnConstitutional government, and I will actively fight to ensure that Constitutional civil liberty is maintained and exercised to lift up the world's poor and destitute. This is my passion. DON'T TREAD ON ME.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home