Sunday, November 11, 2007

Cut the Shrub

I hope someone assassinates (insert leader of powerful fascist bureaucracy). It's called Justice.

... (hint hint, Dick Cheney)

((ed: at the request of someone I deeply respect I have edited the above post. I have complied with this request, however, because it helps me prove my point.

Why do some proper nouns (like the name of a U.S. President) carry more weight than others (like, for instance, the former President of Iraq)?

Why are some lives more protected than others? On what basis do we measure and contrast human life?

Why do words mean anything at all?

Clearly, meaning is more than just a semantic debate. Meaning has superstitious value as well.

Do you know the difference between what your own mind creates and what reality dictates?))

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your a card carrying member of the ACLU.

7:55 PM  
Blogger sourmonkey said...

I'm a card carrying member of the Satire Society...

and I carry a big gun.

Plus, I washing my hands of the Iraq affair.

The Old Testament proclaims an eye for an eye.

I'm not suggesing that someone kill Dubya three hundred times over (or what ever the equivalent number of Iraqi lives lost in Dubya's Fool's War), just once would be fine.

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home