Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Mic Check

Test... 1,2,3.

Hey, is this thing on?

Hello world. I'm back after a lengthy, school-induced hiatus. Woe be the institutions of thought, how I loathe thee. It is my belief that when one registers for school, the course schedule should come with a Surgeon General's Warning stating that school impaires creative thought and may lead to early-life burnout and consumer zombification. It's so true.

This was my school experience, in sum:

INPUT INPUT INPUT INPUT

OUTPUT

INPUT INPUT INPUT INPUT

OUTPUT

INPUT INPUT INPUT INPUT INPUT INPUT INPUT INPUT INPUT

OUTPUT

TEST!!!!

And this is my future:

(repeat)

Congrats! I earned my degree! Now I get to "plug in" to the insanity of the "real world" and be one of the mainstreamers! ( with it's hypertension, ADD, bipolar, depressed, and schizophrenic disorders). And guess what? Human curiousity, compounded by a belligerent male-dominant ethos, has perpetuated the expansion of nuclear weapons! But, hey, at least I have a degree.

Well, not yet. I'm still working on that one. The truth is I have a love-hate relationship with school. I love the learning- I hate the "school". I mean, what's the point anyway, when a "good education" hasn't helped our nation's power brokers realize the historic resonance of their errors? (more on this later)

For now, school is done, and I've decided to take the summer off to reconnect with my creative side. The shaman in me has prescribed heavy doses of music composition, semantic expression, as well as daily trips into the book realm. Sounds like fun.

Coming Soon:

Guerrilla Philosophy

keep watching this space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home