Friday, July 30, 2004

Leaving Waco

I made it out in under ten years! ...barely. Of course, it hasn't it me yet, and who knows what it will look like when it does.

I'm might feel a little sad because I'm leaving behind some beautiful people. I've made some amazing friends during my time in Waco, and they've all inspired me in very profound ways. I'm blessed to be leaving Waco with my best friend in all the world, Bethany. Had I not naively left New Jersey nine and (355/365th) years ago, I could've never met her, and that would've been a tragedy.

I'm also leaving behind a church that I've grown very found of. This is something special to me because I don't usually like churches. I won't get into why, I'll just say that this church is something wonderful. It's a very dynamic community of idealists who desire to see through the veil of social secularism and into the heart of Christ and the design of God. I always felt inspired during the worship service, and I will miss this family very much.

I could go on about the mushy stuff, but I'll keep it at a minimum.

Well, it feels good to be leaving Waco. Austin just feels like home. I've always said that it was a little peace of New Jersey in the middle of Texas. It's the last bastion for "liberal" thinking in Texas, plus it's got music at it's heart. Can't beat that (unless you're a "conservative"... but I jest).

I'll be "blacked out" for the next week or two. Hopefully, once Bethany and I get settled, I can post some new music I'm working on.

Thank you guys for reading my blog. There aren't many, but my hit counter suggests that several people stop by everyday. Please, feel free to comment about anything.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

Gabe - well miss you at C&C this year! I'm not sure it will be quite the same without your perspective included. Leaving Waco, but not necessarily gone for good. Watch out for the black hole that is Waco. Many have left only to find themselves back once again! Cheers.

11:43 PM  
Blogger sourmonkey said...

Tom, thanks for the note! I'll definitely miss Coffee and Culture, although I'm sure I'll be up to visit you guys occasionally. Perhaps you guys can keep me posted via blog messages...

9:51 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

michael kors outlet online sale, michael kors outlet, air max, gucci outlet, louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses, cheap uggs, oakley sunglasses cheap, nike free, prada outlet, ugg outlet, tiffany and co, prada handbags, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, uggs, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry outlet, polo ralph lauren, ugg boots clearance, nike shoes, cheap oakley sunglasses, replica watches, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet, rolex watches, chanel handbags, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louboutin, tiffany and co, tory burch outlet, air max, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, uggs outlet, ray ban sunglasses, kate spade outlet, oakley sunglasses

8:13 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

ralph lauren, hollister, polo ralph lauren, nike tn, michael kors pas cher, michael kors outlet, north face, abercrombie and fitch, new balance pas cher, nike roshe run pas cher, converse pas cher, lululemon outlet online, sac longchamp pas cher, vanessa bruno, ray ban sunglasses, coach purses, sac guess, nike air max, sac burberry, michael kors uk, vans pas cher, nike roshe, mulberry, louboutin, michael kors, true religion outlet, kate spade handbags, north face, oakley pas cher, sac hermes, air max, longchamp, true religion jeans, ray ban pas cher, coach outlet store online, timberland, hollister, true religion outlet, air max pas cher, hogan outlet, coach outlet, replica handbags, air jordan, nike air force, nike blazer, true religion jeans, nike free, polo lacoste, air max, nike free pas cher

8:16 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

converse, abercrombie, louis vuitton, canada goose, toms shoes, sac lancel, pandora charms, ray ban, rolex watches, moncler, pandora jewelry, moncler outlet, moncler, canada goose uk, barbour, canada goose, swarovski, louis vuitton uk, ugg pas cher, thomas sabo, vans, juicy couture, barbour, ugg, coach outlet store online, canada goose, moncler, ugg boots, air max, sac louis vuitton, karen millen, gucci, ugg, moncler, ugg, moncler, canada goose jackets, canada goose outlet, canada goose, louis vuitton, sac louis vuitton, wedding dresses, canada goose, links of london, converse shoes, moncler, pandora charms, supra shoes, moncler, montre homme, pandora jewelry, hollister, swarovski crystal

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home